||General abbreviations and terminology
||Basics of MS-OFFICE, I/O Devices
||Spreadsheets, Databases and Graphics
||Web skills for Research
Knowledge of the subject of specialization (According to the Masters syllabus in JNAFA University). Each candidate has to choose any one subject based on their proposed area of research.
• Construction Management
•Housing and Habitat Studies
•Urban & Regional Planning
Ph.D ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST (PEET)
Sample questions in Research Aptitude, English Language and Basic Computer Skills
Which number sequence of the following represents a correct sequence from small to big?
1. Mansion 2.Bunglow 3.Flat 4.Palace 5.House 6.Cottage
a)3,5,6,2,1,4 b)3,6,5,2,1,4 c)6,3,5,2,1,4 d)6,5,3,2,1,4
2. Arrange the given words in a meaningful sequence and choose the appropriate one.
1. Building 2.Money 3.Site 4.Rent 5.Plan
a)2,1,3,5,4 b)5,3,2,1,4 c)3,5,2,1,4 d)2,3,5,1,4
3). For the Assertion (A) and Reason (R), choose the correct alternative from the following?
A: Andhra Pradesh is the "Rice Bowl" of south India.
R: Andhra Pradesh is the leading producer of Rice.
a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
b) Both A and R are true but R is not correct explanation of A.
c) A is true but R is false.
d) Both A and R are false.
4) Statement: The economic prosperity of any nation is dependent on the quality of its human resources.
Assumptions: I. Achieving economic prosperity is a cherished goal of every nation.
II. It is possible to measure the quality of human resources of a nation.
Choose one among options?
a) Only I is implicit. b) Only II is implicit. c) Either I or II is implicit. d) Both I and II are implicit.
5) The prevention of accidents makes it necessary not only that safety devices are used to guard exposed machinery but also that mechanics be instructed in safety rules which they must follow for their own protection, and that lighting in the plant be adequate.
The passage best supports the statement that industrial accidents.
a) Usually result from inadequate machinery.
b) Cannot be entirely overcome.
c) Can be eliminated with the help of safety rules.
d) Are always avoidable
1) Will this paper test our English? (Choose the correct passive voice construction)
a) Will our English be tested by this paper?
b) Will be our English tested by this paper?
c) Is our English being tested by this paper?
d) Is our English tested by this paper?
2) The witness gave a graphic account of the crime to the police. (Choose the correct synonym)
3) You read too quickly. (Choose the sentence which is closer in meaning)
a) You rather read too quickly.
b) You read rather too quickly
c) You'd rather read quickly.
d) You'd read rather quickly.
4) Books ______ the dark clouds of gloom and_____ our happiness
a) disappear, multiply
b) fight, make
c) dispel, increase
d) attack, give
5) They must start their project work immediately. Otherwise they will miss the deadline. (Use 'unless')
a) They must start their project work immediately, unless they will miss the deadline.
b) Unless they start their project work immediately, they will not miss the deadline.
c) Unless they start their project work immediately, they will miss the deadline.
d) Unless they must start their project work immediately, they will miss the deadline.
b) Basic Computer skills
1) KB stands for________
a) Kilo Bytes
b) Kilo Bits
c) Kilo Bit
d) Kilo Byte
2) 1 Mb equals to ______ number of kilo byte
3) What is the name of the device that contains the "brain of the computer"
4) When saving a photograph for use on a website, which format should you choose?
5) The VDU stands for_______
a) Visual Data Unit
b) Visual Divider Unit
c) Visual Display Unit
d) Visual Display Universe